What is Dynamic Light Therapy?
Light therapy is a safe and simple technique that can benefit many physical recovery processes and assist in pain control. It invovles concentration of specific wavelengths of light in both the visible red and invisible infrared spectrum delivered at specific intensity levels. Red light is quite helpful in treating problems close to the surface of the skin such as wounds, cuts, scars, infections, and acupuncture points. The longer wavelength of invisible infrared light penetrates more deeply into the body and is more effective in providing relief for ailments involving bones, joints, deep muscle and connective tittues, the vascular system, and organs.
What are the therapeutic effects?
- increases blood circulation and lymph flow
- stimulates cellular energy leading to improved cellular metabolism
- relaxes muscles
- reduces scar tissue and stimulates wound healing
- reduces tissue inflammation and edema associated with swelling
- stimulates immune response
- stimulates acupuncture points
- stimulates production of collagen
- accelerates the body’s natural processes to control infection
- stimulates production of brain neuro chemicals such as endorphins
- stimulates production of hormones
What conditions may benefit?
- inflammatory conditions such as bursitis, tendonitis, arthritis, rhinitis and chronic inflammation associated with Lyme’s disease and other inflectious diseases
- acceleration of recovery from strenuous activities and athletic overexertion resulting in sore muscular and connective tissues
- wound care and tissue repair such as diabetic ulcers, neuropathy, bedsores, mouth ulcer, acne, bone fractures, tendon ruptures, damaged ligaments, torn cartilage, surgical procedures, and reduction in scar tissue from old or slow heaing injuries
- pain control for low back pain, neck pain and pain associated with inflammatory conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritis, neuropathy, tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, shingles and post-herpetic neuralgia, and complex regional pain disorders
- calming an over aroused nervous system